FWD Group consists of FWD Group Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries (hereafter referred to as “FWD”, “FWD Group”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) and is committed to protect and respect your right to privacy and to ensure that the collection, use, disclosure and other processing of personal data is done so in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines on data privacy.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, as a user/visitor of the FWD website and as a data subject, you will hereafter be referred to as “you” or “your”.
You providing your personal data is voluntary and you may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may result to us being unable to provide or continue to provide our services to you.
Please take a moment to read our Privacy Notice to understand more about your rights to the personal data that you have given to us and the Company’s principles and practices in collecting, processing, sharing and disposing of your personal data.
What personal data we collect from you:
We may collect the following personal data (which includes sensitive personal data as defined under relevant applicable laws and regulations):
- Identity-related information such as your name, email address, telephone number, health information, social media accounts, government ID details (where a purchase is completed), card or bank details (for payment methods selected)
- professional information such as your profession, occupation, company name, business email address, office telephone number
- technical information such as IP address, browser information, operating systems and platform, device information
- You may also be asked to provide some personal information about your dependents, beneficiaries, authorized representatives and others. By providing their personal information, you confirm that you have properly obtained their consent.
The above information may be collected and stored either:
- directly when you fill in an application form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or use our website to submit queries, or other communications;
- indirectly when you use our websites, social media platforms, mobile applications, or through our distribution partners and agents who meet with you to discuss and offer FWD products and services, organisations that we have an arrangement with to jointly offer products, third parties who, at the time of collection, have notified you that your information will be provided to us;
- or from publicly available sources of information and/or from other parties such as: other insurers, reinsurers or distribution partners, government, statutory or regulatory body and law enforcement bodies, or any medical information sharing facilities.
Why we collect your personal data and how we use it
Your personal data is collected and used for the following purposes, to:
- respond to your queries or requests and investigate complaints;
- inform you about our products, services, events, programs, or changes to our policies and principles, including this Privacy Notice;
- provide our services and products to you, including administering, maintaining, managing and operating such services and products;
- maintain and administer your account with the Company;
- design and develop insurance and other financial services and products;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, directives or guidelines or with any legal obligations (e.g., accounting, tax, administrative obligations);
- analyse your use of websites, social media platforms, mobile applications to enhance and improve the customer experience on these specific website, platforms and applications;
- conduct data analytics, data matching, marketing, statistical or actuarial research, survey, other internal and administrative business process undertaken by the Company or any member of the FWD Group;
- other purposes that may be notified at the time of collection; and
- fulfil any other purposes directly related to (1) to (9) above.
To whom is your personal data shared and transferred to:
Where permitted by law or where such disclosure is necessary to fulfil any of the purposes stated above, we may share your personal data to the following parties:
- any affiliate or member company of the FWD Group;
- any agent, consultant, contractor or third-party service providers (within or outside FWD) authorised by FWD Group; and
- any government or regulatory body in any jurisdiction or any person to whom an FWD company is legally obligated to disclose data to.
How long we retain your personal data
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary and we will hold it for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is obtained or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. FWD will take reasonable steps to delete or destroy your personal data when it is no longer necessary for any of the purpose stated above.
Under applicable laws and regulations, you may have the following rights to your personal data:
- to be informed on the collection and processing of your personal data;
- to object on the processing or sharing of your personal data;
- to request access and correct any inaccurate personal data relating to you;
- to request a copy of your personal data that we have collected;
- to request deletion of your personal data under reasonable grounds; and
- to withdraw your consent or opt-out on any services provided by the Company.
What measures we have implemented to protect your personal data
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against any unauthorized access, processing, erasure, loss or destruction. Measures have been taken to ensure the integrity, prudence and competence of persons having access to your personal data and that it is processed by secure means.
Where permitted by law, we may use your name, contact details, services and products portfolio information, financial background and demographic data for promotional or marketing purposes and conduct direct marketing to market products and services which may be relevant to you.
If you do not wish us to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may write to the Group Data Protection Officer by post or by email at the address provided below to opt out from direct marketing activities.
We may use ‘cookies’ to improve our internet service. Cookies are small data files that are automatically stored on the web browser in your computer which can be retrieved by FWD’s website. Cookies enable FWD’s website to remember you and your preferences when you visit the website and enable us to tailor the website to your needs.
The types of cookies we use and why we use them, includes but not limited to the following:
- Strictly necessary cookies — These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site.
- Functionality cookies — These cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you log in to, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in.
- Performance cookies — These cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymised. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions.
- Marketing cookies — These cookies track your online activity to help us deliver more relevant content for you. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers.
The information collected by cookies is anonymous personalised settings information that contains no name or address information, or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means. However, you can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings. Please note that this it may affect how you use our website or online services. It may make it difficult for you to transact with us through our website and we may require time to request additional information.
How you can contact us
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions, complaints or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact:
Group Data Protection Officer
By post: 13/F, 14 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
Updated on 16 March 2022